Pages

24 April 2016

Magical Moment

Wow life has been so busy lately but hopefully with winter almost upon us things will slow down and there will be more time for activities like scrapbooking. I got my cross stitch out last night after over 8 months in storage. Some of the reason for digging it out was an inspiring crafting weekend last week with a group of amazingly talented ladies. It was a weekend for finishing off UFO's (unfinished objects) of all different crafts, knitting, quilting, embroidery and scrapbooking.  

Before attending the weekend I completed this layout which is my new favourite.

I used Gelatos to shade the background in Metallic Melon, Lemon, Guava and Raspberry. I then mixed some of the Raspberry with texture paste and used a stencil of splats and circles on the page. I also mixed some black ink with texture paint (which turned out grey) and used a word stencil. Then stamped a net randomly.


I added flowers and black embossed frames and twirls.

I think the bit I like the most is in the top left hand where I embossed some doily and added a butterfly and heart trinkets. I have since made this my screen saver on my cell phone as I liked it so much.
Hope you like it as much as I do and can see why its my favourite. Until next time (which I promise wont be as long as this one has been coming) I had promised myself weekly blogs but I'm not doing too good so far.
Diane



No comments:

Post a Comment