Pages

28 May 2016

Fisherman

 It's really cosy by the fire at at night now winter is closer. Snow capped mountains to the west. Great time to get creative and scrapbook. It seems that life doesn't slow down though especially with kids. I created this layout a few weeks ago. I started with the white paper and shaded it with a variety of blue  and green gelatos. The paper was a bit thin so I cut it down a bit and matted it on a striped page. Rolling up the edges and journaled date and place on the edge on one.
Using a net stencil and a baby wipe I took some of the gelato back off again. Then used a wave look (Have also used this a a wood grain look. You decide it you think it suits wave or wood?) stencil with texture paste. After I used sploggers and arrow stamps with brown ink randomly stamping over the page.
To matt the photo I pulled random bits of leftover paper from my 'I might need that one day' box. I added a chain and anchor from Dutch Doobado - Nautical. And a title from my stash. 
I try to pull colours from the photos. In this case it was oranges and blues. I wouldn't normally have mixed these two colours but I feel it has worked in this case. Stay warm out there...useless of course you are in a warmer climate than South Canterbury, New Zealand :-) Happy scrapping.

No comments:

Post a Comment